Graptoveria amethorum (Echeveria purpusorum x Graptopetalum amethystinum

I am guessing that this is Graptoveria amethorum, which is cross between Echeveria purpusorum and  Graptopetalum amethystinum.  Shouldn't it, technically, be Graptoveria 'Amethorum', in the same way that Echeveria x imbricata should be Echeveria 'Imbricata'?     Nice plant of an silvery grey-green color, apparently easy to rot.  Uh oh.  No water for you this winter, honey. 

Photobucket
 
I like the fatty plumpness of the leaves.


Comments

  1. I think you have identified it correctly. I get really confused on when names should be put between ' marks so can' help there. It is prone to rot, which is not just limited to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiky thanks for the warning on that rot issue. I'll have to be very careful with the water year round, not just in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one and it's a real gem. Hopefully it'll survive the winter on the window sill. Seems to have gone dormant for me. I'll be careful not to overwater it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.