'Red Intuition' At Sunrise

'Red Intuition' (Delbard, 2002) is a striped sport of Delego, aka 'Belle Rouge', a florist rose (Delbard, 1996).  There's also a pink striped version called, yes, 'Pink Intuition'.  A remarkably disease resistant rose with tremendous garden vigor and few to no prickles.  I could wish for stronger fragrance and a higher petal count, but otherwise I really can't fault it.  It's planted behind 'Charles Rennie Mackintosh', which is planted behind 'Geranium Red', so I rarely see 'Red Intuition'--only when it gets 8' or taller (in late Summer), or when I hack all the roses back, in January.  It's the Sasquatch of my roses, but real, real.     
 photo reNoPs0300_zps1899b0e4.jpg
With a photoshop effect, because this is my blog and I can if I want to.
 photo reps0300_zps65531131.jpg

Comments

  1. Like that Photoshop effect Hoov!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how others do it in PS, but i always prefer the natural one! I wonder if that is because i don't know how to manipulate anything using PS, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly always like the "real" one best also. It's fun to play around with the image, though.

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely rose, not seen a striped one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That red-on-red striping is very rare. RI is about the only one of those. White and red is far more common.

      Delete
  4. Quite a stunning color, Hoov. It's fun to see you play around with Photoshop! What's interesting is how it sharpens the edges of the rose petals and makes them really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm trying to save a photo that isn't quite right. Better I go out there and try to get a photo that IS right. However I'm learning a little Photoshop--I guess that's something.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.