Bloom Day September 2015

 The usual suspects are in flower--roses and so forth.  My computer screen went out, a week after the warranty expired, of course.   It's being repaired, so in the meantime computer access is a bit scanty.  
Haemalis patens:
 Anenome hybrid 'Pretty Lady Emily' is the novelty of the month. 
 This very happy cluster of Kalanchoe luciae is going up and out.  The actual flowers next month, I imagine.  These are monocarpic, but there are already offsets ready to replace them.  They loved this spot under 'Firefighter' rose, with morning sun and late afternoon shade. 
 A few weeks ago I chopped 'Eureka' hard because it looked so dreadful.  I thought it was dying, it looked that bad.  I was wrong.
 The west side 'Dynamite' Lagerstroemia was in its glory last month;  now the east side tree is at it.  Perhaps it was good that they did not bloom together. 
 Agave stricta flowers are open.  The birds and bees are enjoying them, as are we. 
 That's enough for this month;  a computer off for repair is a good time to get away from the internet for a while.  

Happy Bloom Day, and as always thanks to May Dreams Garden Blog--see more beautiful September flowers there. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful flowers dear Hoover, the rose looks amazing. I hope you get your computer back soon.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianne. I have been gardening instead of wasting time on the computer--maybe I should leave it at the repair shop for a while. ;^)

      Delete
  2. My computer is a regular Little Engine That Could -- I'm the one that falls behind and needs a reboot :~/

    Your garden looks great, as always -- that Agave stricta is amazing. And the Haemalia patens...! I love it. Does yours die back in the winter? Enjoy the off-line time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I cheated I saw the Haemalia at a garden center. I certainly thought about buying it, though. Enjoying the cool-enough-to-garden weather--I've so missed it, and better out there than on a computer indoors.

      Delete
  3. You have a beautiful garden!

    Thanks for sharing this post and giving me the idea to also participate!

    I just started a new blog last week about gardening and crafting. You are always welcome visit if you want.

    Greetings, Sofie
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/2015/09/garden-bloggers-bloom-day-september-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sofie, I visited your blog and enjoyed your post and all your beautiful flowers also. I did not comment there because could not figure out the google+ stuff--too complicated for me. Your Sedum 'Purple Emporor'--so pretty!

      Congratulations on your new home and garden, and happy blogging!

      Delete
  4. A respite from computer-driven life is never a bad thing. Glad you were able to squeeze this in though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.