Rosa 'Purple Splash' and 'Tangerine Streams' Update

Rosa 'Tangerine Streams':
Photobucket

Rosa 'Purple Splash':
Photobucket
 
I'm pleased with both of them, though I'm not 100% sure the 'Tangerine Streams' is what it is supposed to be.  It's far more beautiful than I expected.  I expected about 10 muddled orange petals, but got this:
Photobucket

Though fragrance was said to be slight, I detect a good Tea fragrance.  Not all noses can smell that distinctive scent.  I am lucky that mine can.
Photobucket

'Tangerine Streams' reminds me a lot of a rose called 'Pure Poetry'.  They seem very similar, right down to the split centers on some of the flowers: 
Photobucket

These are the very first flowers from my 'Tangerine Streams'.  I'm impressed, and hope for good things from this rose.

I'm also pleased with 'Purple Splash'.  With my other purple rose, 'Ebb Tide', the flowers begin quite purple but fade to a duskier, though still very beautiful color.

A fresh 'Ebb Tide' flower:
Photobucket
 

'Purple  Splash' at least at first begins as a blue-red, rather like an old bloom of 'Mr. Lincoln', but purples up as it ages. 


Somewhat reddish at opening, 'Purple Splash' with an unknown Clematis:
Photobucket

Purpled up after a couple of days:
Photobucket

The canes are of course still juvenile.  The first have been very flexible, and without many prickles, a relief after the nasty thorniness of a similar Carruth climbing rose, the very good (but well-armed) 'Fourth Of July'.  However the mature canes behave, the flowers are very good indeed. 

Preliminary judgement:  thumbs up on both.  

Comments

  1. Apricot and purple - perfect colors, perfect flowers !!! Wonderful photos !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors together. Maybe I'll build a permanent sunbrella over Ebb Tide so that I can have it next to Marmalade Skies and Brass Band.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.