Oh, It's a Graptopetalum superbum!

Quit looking at that darn plant and feed us already!
Photobucket
Superbum indeed.   I could not resist, even though it was labeled 'Succulent assorted', which I have plenty of already.  But I did not have Graptopetalum superbum.  And superb it is:  this Graptopetalum can eventually form a mass of multiple stems and become quite magnificent.  Or rather, superb. 
Photobucket
The growth habit of the leaves is distinctly flat , unlike this Echeveria, which has leaves that reach upward.  Similar wondrous color though:  grey mixed with aqua and pink:
Photobucket
One thing I long had on my to-do list was getting decent shelving for all our small succulents.  I finally quit dithering about it and got that accomplished.  
Photobucket

The plants are much better cared for now that I have them in one place.   Why do I dither?  They are so much healthier now, and caring for them is so much easier.  I prowl for mealybugs every morning now.  Reminder to self:  quit dithering!
Photobucket

The shelves also create a kind of room-divider effect that makes the patio feel more lush and cozy.
Photobucket

There is still room on some of the shelves.  Oh dear!  What to do...what to do...

Comments

  1. Your succulents look terrifically happy and I agree that their shelf makes a nice botanical room divider in the garden. I just realized looking at your last photo that I have exactly the same rectangular planters--the ones with the acanthus(?) leaves on their sides. Small world, eh? Though I'm not sure if I have your graptopetalum. I'll have to take a closer look at the similar-looking "generic" succulent I picked up last year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those rectangular pots. They've held up for a decade, I like the acanthus design, and so on.

    T'is indeed a small world--there's a whole class of people out there looking through the $1.97 succulents at Home Cheapo for the ones they don't yet have. Me included. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your square succulent vertical piece is looking fabu! And congrats on the organizing.

    Wish you lived closer as I've got a couple of those rectangular planters too, I'd love to gift them to you, but they're so heavy there's no shipping them (besides I doubt they would arrive in one piece). Next time you're up this way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you grow your succulent plants. Beautiful pictures !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will remove each pot to water or irrigate in situ and let the pots drain into the ones below?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing what can be had in some plants at Home Cheapo, Lowes, etc. They often stock some things the locals don't have a clue on, that do better than their oft-blah, reactionary selections!

    If only we didn't have so much summer and worsening winters, I would have a load of all those succulents like you do! But I can live through you all along the west coast...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danger, save them for me, I'd love to have them. I'll be visiting that area some day, I have a good friend in Vancouver.

    DANI, thanks! :)

    Lynette, I take them off and water them on the always dry lawn-patch.

    Desert, time for a green house?
    We do now get to enjoy all the plants we want to grow but can't, via the internet. How I love to look at blogs full of Hostas and Rogersias!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a nice succulent collectio. What to do with the extra shelf space????
    Why get some "pups" started for presents- spread the addiciton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a good idea about pups. Thanks Lydia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Popular Posts