Mindless Monday--Uh, Tuesday


'Christopher Marlowe':
Photobucket
My leg is feeling better and I can walk again, as long as I don't walk very much.  I was able to look at a few things in the garden.  Our Saturday rain turned into a cold blustery dry Sunday that blew the rose foliage and buds dry;  there was less damage than I had feared.  

'Christopher Marlowe':
Photobucket
The cool overcast made 'Brass Band' less of a visual blare.
Photobucket
Yet another perfect 'Prospero'.  It is such a pleasure to be able, finally, to photograph this rose.   The new camera handles the color perfectly.  The old camera could not do it.  
Photobucket
A cluster of 'Sombreuil' loomed out of the darkness like angels escaping evil.
Photobucket
Many people don't much like 'Glamis Castle'.  It has quite a pungent aroma--I can't call it fragrance--and horrific prickles, and even here in Southern California, where blackspot is essentially unknown, it blackspots, but can you beat this flower for beauty?
Photobucket
'Moon Dance' is something of a disappointment, considering it is the offspring of the Rust-proof 'Iceberg'.  'Moon Dance' readily Rusts, and the flower has a yellow tinge, rather than being an icy pure white.  
Photobucket
Other garden residents not an icy-pure white got photographed as well, but by then my leg was getting sore again, so that was it. 
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

  1. The roses were breathtaking. They filled my senses, it was as if I could even smell them. Thanks for sharing. My favorite one was the Prospero! Wow!
    Mrs. Greggo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful roses. I particularly like Prospero and Glamis Castle. Here in the UK, our roses are only just showing their first leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.