Which Roses Are Early This Year?

'Golden Buddha', as usual:
Photobucket
'Pink Gruss an Aachen', also always early:
Photobucket
'Bill Warriner', usually not early:
Photobucket
'Secret', also usually not early:
Photobucket
'Tamora' is usually first, but not this year:
Photobucket
'Golden Celebration' is early this year because I actually had the ambition to prune it.  Looks like I didn't hurt it too much.  This is about a quarter of it.  Too big to fit inside Blogger's wide margins!
Photobucket
In other plants,  Sedeveria 'Harry Butterfield' (I think) shows some of its Echeveria genes in the bloom:
Photobucket
While the 'Swane's Golden' Italian Cypress are not yet sprouting spring growth.
Photobucket
But Acer Palmatum 'Emperor I' is waking up.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Your roses look beautiful. I particularly like Golden Buddha and Tamora. Here in the UK I'm excited just to see the first leaves coming through, we won't have blooms for months yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours are looking fantastic. I have one flower each on Bishop's Castle, Julia Child, and Pinkie. Three flowers on Bronze Star- I didn't prune it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I only have one bloom on Chrysler Imperial which is sheltered against a warm south facing wall, and one bloom on Lykke Dazla in a pot, but I am grateful even for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golden Buddha and Tamora are especially stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.