Ignored Roses

I ignore 'Evelyn' a lot because she's out of bloom for long periods of time.  Are there plants in your garden you have ignored for years?  Why?
Photobucket
I ignore 'Red Intuition' because it's behind 'Charles Rennie Mackintosh', and 'Charles Rennie Mackintosh' is behind 'Geranium Red'.  Can't get back there.  Are areas of your own garden abandoned for emotional reasons, or simple miscalculations?
Photobucket
 I ignored 'Wild Fire' for a long time because it was shaded by one of the Cercis trees and languished for a time.  Since I cut the Cercis down, it's been, so to speak, on fire.
Photobucket
I ignore rosebuds.  Shouldn't.  'The Prince':
Photobucket
'Crepuscule':
Photobucket
'Ebb Tide':
Photobucket
I ignore 'Barcelona' in the summer when it's brown and toasty.  In cool weather it is spectacular.  Like now:
Photobucket
Spec. Tac. U. Lar!
Photobucket
I ignore 'Gemini' because it doesn't get enough water and never has.  Mistake.  Did you ever plant something for someone else, because you felt you had to?  I have.  Do you just have too many plants to care for properly?  I do. 
Photobucket
'Gemini':
Photobucket
'Marie Daly' is in a terrible location.  I feel bad about that, so I compound the problem by ignoring little Marie.  My Bad.  Why can't I just move her today?  Has that happened to you?
Photobucket
She deserves better:
Photobucket
Ditto for 'Eutin', with it's web of buds (buds again).
Photobucket
I ignore 'Crepuscule' as an individual flower.  One solitary flower doesn't compare to the mass color it provides.  Another error.  But why should a garden be a confessional of errors?  That's another error, surely. 
Photobucket
In my defense, I am not the only animal around here that ignores things.  
Photobucket
   
    

Comments

  1. Just found your blog. A lovely rose post with different roses as we have over here in Europe. I have many old fashioned French roses which only flower in June, so we have a long time of ignorance. Your dogs look lovely and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old fashioned French roses are lovely though! They do not do well here where there is no winter chill to stimulate them to produce flowers. A rose for every climate. Alas, the puppies are not quiet in person!

      Delete
  2. 'Barcelona' is amazing! What sort of fragrance does it have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich, intoxicating old rose fragrance. Tempted?

      Delete
  3. Magnifiques photos ! J'aime particulièrement celle d'Evelyn et d'Ebb Tide que je vais bientôt planter. Merci pour le partage !
    Amitiés florales,
    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Laurence! 'Evelyn' et 'Ebb Tide' sont tous deux très belles roses. J'espère qu'ils grandissent très bien pour vous. Bon jardinage!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.