The Getty Center: Central Garden

Finally the heart of the place, the Getty's central garden.  Many pictures, few words.  I spent the day mulching and doing spring flush clean up in my garden, and I'm tired!

Layia platyglossa, a California native wildflower:
Photobucket

Sweet Peas have the best fragrance!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I Spy...'Iceberg'!
Photobucket

Achillea millefolium (Yarrow):
Photobucket

Linum, I think:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's the Zig Zag path, under that block of trees--London Plane, I think, all trimmed into a boxlike shape. 
Photobucket

Well, that's it for my Getty visit.  Mulching today meant either negotiating an iffy path on a steep slope, or climbing a ladder up to the steep slope and negotiating the iffy path from there.  It was pretty warm today too.  I ended up carrying mulch up the ladder, but instead of coming back down with empty buckets,  I filled them with clippings by doing further weeding and clean up.  Oh so painful, but the slope looks good again.  In the midst of my clean up I noticed some gopher-generated dirt piles in the neighbor's yard just on the other side of the fence, and because I had a gopher trap handy, I set it and stuck it into the main tunnel.  The faster you get those buggers, before they've created a major tunnel network, the easier it is to get them.   Grrr...they love to eat roses, so I love to set traps for them. 

Busy day.

Comments