The Roses Are Still Blooming

Rosa 'Pink Gruss an Aachen'
Photobucket 

The roses are still blooming, but I've been so fascinated by succulents and California natives lately, I haven't posted about roses much this fall.  I expected a huge outbreak of Rust due to the early rain, but it hasn't appeared yet.  I have no doubt it will appear eventually.

Rosa 'Samaritan':
Photobucket

Am I bored with roses?  No, certainly not!  

Photobucket

I am--seriously distracted.  Succulents, Koi, Broccolini.  Drainage, compost, leftover pipes that must be dug out.  Precious rain water to distribute to the worthy.  Weeds due to the early rain.  I'm doing the annual non-rose-plant-clean-up before it's time to start rose pruning.  Echeveria and Aloe babies that need a home on the slope.  Getting the shorted out irrigation system fixed so the plants don't die.  Getting the pond filtration system hopefully finally made right. 

 Rosa 'Eureka':
Photobucket

In the late afternoons now most of the roses are in deep shadow, while the last light dances on the Aloes and Aeoniums, Senecios and Agaves, making them glisten:

Photobucket

Or making them glow:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Or casting fantastical shadows:
Photobucket

Photobucket

My cup runneth over.  It's all good.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you're cooking on all burners. That pink Gruss is sumptuous, and those aloes have me seriously distracted for the moment too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.