Fall Project Day 3

'Barcelona'
Rosa 'Barcelona'

Good progress yesterday.  I got all the gravel out.
Photobucket


Then  I removed the raised beds along with the landscape fabric on the path and the path edging.
Photobucket


Piled all the stuff in the corner for now.
Photobucket


Of course, I got distracted by roses.  As usual, 'William Morris' is one of the most consistently photogenic roses in the garden:
Photobucket


'Barcelona's big draw is a marvelous old rose fragrance and a deep velvety red color, with surprisingly excellent rust resistance for such an old cultivar.
Rosa 'Barcelona'

 'Daring Dilemma' is the 'Iceberg' rose of Hemerocalli in my garden.  Excellent rebloom through most of the year, and little care required.  
Daylily 'Daring Dilemma'

I still have to figure out what to do with this Quercus agrifolia seedling that sprouted in one of the raised veggie beds last winter.  It's very healthy, having spent the summer buried under tomato plants.  Baby Oaks need shade, and this one got plenty.
Photobucket

I noticed the hybrid Aloe 'Grassy Lassie' was producing its inaugural bloom when a hummingbird zipped around it.  I did not manage to get a shot of the hummer.  
Photobucket

I was very fortunate to be able to spend a beautiful Autumn day in the garden. 




Comments

  1. What beautiful flowers, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that scope for planting you've got! I'm at the point where it's mostly curating, not creating gardens, and boy do I miss the creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Becc and College!

    All that space--just for veggies. Not near so fun as ornamentals, but less indulgent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.