Haze

Photobucket
This puppy thing may simply be a sleep-deprivation experiment.   Oh, to sleep in, languorously, luxuriously, to the unimaginably indulgent hour of Six A.M!  It has not been happening.  Hence I've been in a haze.  I found myself this afternoon nodding off multiple times while going through photos.  Rain is predicted for Sunday, so I did the usual things we gardeners do in preparation:  a potted plant or two went into the ground, a few transplants made, some fertilizer thrown around, and mulch laid down to squelch the sprouting of weeds, all done slowly, to avoid re-injuring whatever it was I injured, and in a sleepy haze.  More roses are coming on line.
'Sweet Vivian':
Photobucket
'Tradescant':
Photobucket
The first couple of 'Evelyn's for 2012:
Photobucket
Photobucket
'Jude The Obscure':
Photobucket
'English Garden', always an exquisitely perfect arrangement of tiny petals, a buff flower born of a red bud:
Photobucket


Photobucket
'Purple Splash' has no buds at all, but does sport a fat new basal:
Photobucket
'Yves Piaget'  looks better shaded than in the bright sun of yesterday:
Photobucket
A sweet cluster of 'Bill Warriner'...
Photobucket
...and 'George Burns':
Photobucket
As the roses begin, Aloe 'Blue Elf' is nearly finished blooming:
Photobucket
While the Calandrinia is in full swing:
Photobucket
Haze or not, let the rain begin!  My pails and buckets and tubs and bins await. 
 

Comments

  1. I am supprised your roses are already in full bloom. Overhere nature just came out of their wintersleep. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice sunday
    Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful roses. I especially like the David Austin varieties. Your puppies don't look the least bit tired. Do they fall asleep after they've woken you up ? Mine used to when he was a pup..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marijke, I am surprised too. The roses here are about one month earlier than usual! I hope your Sunday was lovely, too.

    @Crystal, no, they continue to race around after breakfast, though they stop screeching as soon as they are fed. It takes about two hours before they settle down after their breakfast and dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoov, you are the only other person I know who actually owns English Garden. First rate in my opinion. Your blooms are fabulous--I think I have another month to go here, especially in view of the fact that winter has arrived at last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. speechless! utter beauty! fantastic photos!!! why wait for summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ks, 'English Garden' was about the first rose I ever bought, and it's exasperated me ever since. It's never gotten more than about 2' since I got it, even with lavish care. One or two of those perfect flowers a month. This is one I'd love to try grafted on Fortuniana.

    @Laguna, thanks! Summer: ah, sky high water bills and hiding in the shade until the heat abates... :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.