Where The Carex Got Planted

Theory and beauty are wonderful, but the Carex ended up where

1. there was space
2. there was irrigation
 When the transplanted roses re-foliate, and the Carex grows a little, they will be fine. 
Photobucket

Although they would have been a lovely contrast to blue Agaves, there was insufficient water near the Agaves to to keep Carex alive.  They are not in a group together, either, but in the same area, and close enough together to qualify for the "repetition" factor in good design.  They complement Geranium 'Rozanne', annual blue-flowered Lobelia, the dark-foliage Dahlias, and as it happened, look quite good with the apricot roses--with both the flowers and the bronze new foliage. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Though I couldn't partner them with blue Agaves, still I am glad to have gone to all the trouble of photographing them with many different plants.  Hopefully I learned something from all that.  I did put the puppies in the kennel while I planted the Carex, so at least they didn't eat any wire or rubber gasket or anything else while I wasn't there to watch over them.  So I guess I learned something.  Keep puppies and gasket separate!
Boris sulks for gasket chewing.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Yes I suppose there is something to be said for planting them where they will actually live, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hoover,
    I pleased to see you have finely found a place for your carex. With the roses together a beautiful ensemble I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.