Bunnyhenge

 photo newport2876_zpsde7b6634.jpg
A circle of grand objects casts a spell of sorts, even when the circle is a group of concrete bunnies at the Newport Civic Center park.  

Perhaps we see a circle of something as an invitation to join a cohesive group.
 photo newport2898_zpsa44fdc55.jpg
A circle that surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

 photo newport2915_zpsf59f4ded.jpg
It evokes a meeting of minds, a Loya Jurga, a convocation, a pow wow, a jam session, the big round table in "Dr. Strangelove".  Plus it looks cool. 
 photo Dr_Strangelove_-_The_War_Room_zps4d74bd2a.png
Photo from wikimedia commons
 photo newport2929_zps7fbf5b6d.jpg

A lone megalith has its own statement to make.
 photo newport2916_zps05339da9.jpg

 photo 563px-Heelstone_zps3ae92827.jpg
Photo of Stonehenge Heelstone from wikimedia commons


The rationale for the circle of bunnies at the Newport Beach Civic Center complex was that it was something for the little ones without the tacky visual qualities of a "tot lot".  On the day we visited, the bunnies were dressed purple scarves for Alzheimer's Awareness Month.  
 photo newport2901_zps04b4fa8a.jpg
I liked Bunnhenge.  It must be the Druid in me. 
 photo newport2912_zps26db130c.jpg

Comments

  1. I quite like bunnhenge, I probably shouldn't but there is something fun about it. I can imagine the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kids we saw were hugging and petting the bunnies before they jumped on them.

      Delete
  2. Bunnhenge, it sounds and looks like fun. And we can better have concrete bunnies in our garden than so many living bunnies, help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, none of those bunnies ate any grass! :^)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you explained the purple ribbons - I kept wondering how I could have missed those, even from a distance. I have to get there and check it out for myself on one of my sojourns to Roger's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed it. I think you would also.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.