Throwing Summer Away


The weather has finally cooled and I could go outside and hack all of summer out of the garden and carry it bucket by bucket and armful by armful and cram it rustling and snapping, flaking dried shards of death, into the garbage.
 photo aa02676_zpsa0dd243b.jpg
I trashed what summer killed.
 photo aa02680_zpsf2c78417.jpg
I trashed what summer pulled from the earth with its luxuriant fire and light.
 photo aa02711_zps08ae0b33.jpg
Then I stood back, with summer behind me peeking over my shoulder, and we admired what neither of us would destroy... 
 photo aa02699_zps75942d80.jpg

 photo pumpkin02611_zps1a5dffbf.jpg
...the seeds of next summer.  

Comments

  1. A beautiful harvest; end of summer, just a tad sadness in that blue bucket, still looks beautiful in its dry and goodbye status.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sad post, it is awful to see what the heat does to our gardens but I am so pleased you can see what has not been destroyed and the seeds of another summer.
    hugs
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Very far away. We need lots of rain before we can handle another summer.

      Delete
  4. My sentiments exactly, except today, my one potential day of gardening, it'll be in the 90s yet again AND it's super windy. AARGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's bad. Heat is bad, wind is bad, together they are the worst.

      We're starting to cool here, finally finally.

      Delete
  5. Nice little adieu to summer there, you've moved on and now ready for autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My "flaking dried shards of death" will stick around until spring to shelter and feed all manner of creatures who find sustenance and shelter there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.