November 2020 Blooms

 

Above, Aloe tweediae

Agave stricta flowers have opened: 

Aloe tweediae is not commonly grown.  It is solitary, grows to nearly a meter wide, and is all and all pretty good. Leucospermum 'Yellow Bird' was engulfing the Aloe--I trimmed the Bird's wings to keep the Aloe happy.
One of the South African Ericas.  I moved it in the heat of summer, and it was fine.  Just fine.
Hydrangea 'Mini Penny' again.  Not yet cold enough for leaf-dropping.
Grevillea 'Moonlight' blooms so constantly I photograph few flowers.

A late Clematis or two
Abutilon 'David's Red'
The low angled light creates magic. 
Grevillea 'Robyn Gordon'
Fall round of flowers from Callistemon 'Slim'

The other Callistemon in the garden, 'Little John'
California native Rhus--it may be R. ovata.  Purchased labelled as R. integrifolia.  Grrr. 
Seems like Gasteria acinacifolia flowered just a few months ago.  Here it is again:

Aloe 'Rooikappie'
Fallen petals, Leucophyllum candidum

The Hunnemannias are pretty much done for the year. 
There's Leucadendron candidum.

And at last, Crassula capitella 'Campfire'.
November is not so bad. 

Comments

  1. Not bad at all. I have one grevellia that has done really well. I'd love to find some more low growing varieties. Bloom Day completely slipped my memory. I don't think I have much blooming anyway. I will have to take a look. We've had a lot of rain the last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A lot of rain" sounds heavenly. Grevilleas have been wonderful plants here. Got a new one this week, 'Spirit of ANZAC'. 'Coastal Gem' is grows to about a foot high, but cold hardy only to 15-20F.

      Delete
  2. That first shot of the Aloe bloom is incredible! Well, all your photography is magical, but this particular post is really affecting me because I'm moving toward a gray and brown landscape this time of year (until the snow hits). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've lots of succulent blooms! I love the Gasteria bloom. I've yet to try an Erica, an omission I'll seek to remedy this year. I like the silvery foliage of your Leucophyllum candidum so much better than my L. laevigatum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roaming the 'net saw how to propagate Gasteria from leaf cuttings, so I'm going to try it with G. acinacifolia. This one apparently will do fine in sun as well as shade (most need shade) so that's another thing to try. In sun the leaves get orange-y highlights.

      The two Ericas in the garden are very nice indeed. Thumbs up. That Leucophyllum is dear to me. Great in a vase, too.

      Delete
  4. You bet November isn't so bad. I think it is quite lovely in your part of the country. I love that 'Moonlight' bloom. It looks so unusual to me. The picture of the clematis in the sunlight is magical. It takes me back to the summer blooms in my garden. Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy GBBD, Lisa! The Grevillea flowers really are very different. They also drip nectar. Bees and nectar-feeding birds are at them all day long. I've really enjoyed having them in the garden.

      It was almost as if the Clematis produced a few more flowers just to catch that light and look that magical. :)

      Delete
  5. That Callistemon 'Little John'....!!! Wow - nearly made me choke on my coffee, as I gasped. You make it look freaking gorgeous! And, the others too, for that matter. Thanks for the uplifting morning loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red and gold flowers burst like fireworks against the blue-green foliage. It's a favorite.

      Happy you liked the pictures, thanks!

      Delete
  6. Not bad? Glorious!
    Your sunshine is much needed on this grey English November day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s a delight to see many flowers that are so different from what we can grow in humid NC.

    The clematis shot is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for us, it's a delight to see all the plants in Indiana, Wisconsin, Alabama, NC and more we can't grow here in dry, no-winter-chill SoCal. Garden blogs are great! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.