My Neighbor's IVOM And...Do We Hear Them?

 My neighbor and garden-buddy sent me a bouquet photo:  

 Wow!  Dramatic, no?   Cool vase, too.  

I grow these same plants: Leucadendron 'Safari Sunset' and Hippeastrum papilio, and thought briefly of making my own version, but better to give all credit to neighbor K.  She gave me an H. papilio bulb a few years ago, and I suggested 'Safari Sunset' to her as the must-have Leucadendron.

   It's great to have neighbors who garden! 

The other thing:  research has determined plants make noises when they are stressed.  (Link may be paywalled.) Do you feel anxious or upset when you see plants drooping for lack of water--even when they are not your plants?   I do.  It hurts to see that.  Are we hearing their noises of distress subconsciously?  

No distress from these lovelies:

For more beautiful monday bouquets, visit Rambling In the Garden

Comments

  1. K did good with the arrangement, HB. I moved my own Hippeastrum papilio years ago and they've never bloomed since - I need to move or replace them. The article is indeed paywalled but I search for another source on the research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never bloomed since? Hmm...are they getting some direct sun?

      Delete
  2. My goodness, that's a striking hippeastrum and the Leucadendron is the perfect partner, reflecting both the colour and shape of the former. Interesting thought about the noisy plants...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A combination I never would have thought of, but it works!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful vase...and I believe plants do make noise. I do not like to see any plant distressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour combo. Interestingly, I heard a British radio host commenting on some of the 'crazy' people calling in about how they could hear their carrots scream as they were pulled from the earth. Funny but ridiculous? Hmm. Who knows they may have been correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel uncomfortable digging something out--is it conscious or unconscious--seems like a mix of both--and perhaps the unconscious part comes from the plant somehow.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous combination! Yes, I feel the pain of a thirsty plant. Also the urge to pull a fat weed. Well, I wouldn't pull a weed in someone else's yard, but I would give a drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pull weeds when i see them--who knows if the seeds are not going to blow on the wind into my garden? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;^)

      Delete
  6. Hello- I love reading your blog, especially since I live in the OC as well! Was curious why I no longer receive your blog posts in my email- should I be looking somewhere else for them? It’s been about 6 months since one arrived😢 any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger used to have the feature of sending posts out by email. They shut that down last year. That's why you stopped getting them.

      There are a couple of alternatives--one is feedly, but I've neglected to investigate them--along with concern that advertisements will be attached to the posts, along with any privacy issues from outside email services for the email receivers. Ads would be pretty tacky, and internet privacy is of concern as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh, forgot, thank you for your kind comment about my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.