Late Winter Floral Beauties

 

Trader Joe's Hellebore

Some late winter floral beauty for a Sunday morning.

 One of the very first plants purchased for this garden back in 2000: a Tazetta class Narcissus, up on the west slope.  Tougher than they look!

Hellebore 'Picotee Pearl'.  First flower from this cultivar:
Hellebore 'Anna's Red':

The first "Dutch" Iris of the year have opened in the past few days:

Magnolia 'Royal Star' has a lot of flowers this year:
Another Trader Joe's Hellebore:
And another.  I bought three.  Well, they called, and I answered!
Freesias opening, too:

There's that TJ's burgundy Hellebore again:
With sun shining through, looking quite red:
Wishing for you a day as lovely as a late winter flower.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, everything looks so fresh and lovely. Your pictures are really top notch! Hoping your day is lovely as well. I'm tapping my foot at my irises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you liked the pictures, thanks! I thought my iris would never start, but all of a sudden there they were. One warm day...

      Delete
  2. Oh, you had me at 'Picotee Pearl'...
    I've been growing Hellebores for a long time but last year I went on a shopping spree; my obsession had not abated yet. When the sun shines through those red blooms, it's magical.
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten into a hellebore phase yet, and that's probably a good thing. The TJ hellebores seem more outward facing than nodding -- great for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to that backlit hellebore. A perfect color. The orange freesia too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were great finds at Trader Joe's! I got my mom the red one and myself the white one. Couldn't decide on the pink one... Lovely freesias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they looked great. A nice surprise amidst the houseplants and Kalanchoes.

      Delete
  6. While my Freesias are off to a good start, I've yet to see any buds from my Dutch Iris. You have quite the hellebore collection! I didn't make it to TJ this weekend but maybe later this week ;) Meanwhile, my 'Anna's Red' and 'Phoebe' are finally producing their first blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were late this year--or at least they seemed to be late this year. They arrived as the first round of Aloes faded--so very welcome.

      Delete
  7. Really wonderful photos. Such sharp focus. The hellebores are really pretty here this year. I only have a few and need to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phillip! Hellebores are easy care, so you probably "need" more! ;^)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.